The Work Experience Program
Designed to help aspiring firefighters get hired!
For years Sun Peaks’ Work Experience Program has helped aspiring firefighters reach their goals. The training and on-the-job experience that our members receive provides them with an edge in a very competitive job market. This opportunity gives applicants a unique opportunity to learn and develop skills in a program that has generated results – year after year.
- Six month volunteer program (May – October)
- Training provided 2-3 days a week
- Participants may take on part time or full time employment during the program
- Response to fire, rescue and medical emergencies
- Apparatus and equipment checks
- Fire hall maintenance
- Public education
- Commercial fire inspections
- On call duty shifts
- Other duties in keeping with the responsibilities of a rookie firefighter in a career hall
- NFPA 1002 – Standard for Fire Apparatus Driver/Operator Professional Qualifications
- Red Cross Emergency Medical Responder
- Live Fire Training
- S-100 Basic Fire Suppression and Safety (Wildland Fires)
- There is no cost to this program
- All training and materials are provided as part of your volunteer commitment to Sun Peaks Fire Rescue.
- NFPA 1001 with IFSAC or PROBOARD accreditation
- Class 5 drivers license with air brake endorsement
- Sun Peaks Fire Rescue Firefighter Medical Examination
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Sun Peaks Resort
- Sun Peaks is a beautiful four season resort which offers a wide variety of activities for your free time.
- For more information visit www.sunpeaksresort.com
2017 Recruitment Process Timeline
- Contest Opens: January 1
- Application and resume submission: Application Close Date: February 28th
- Application and Resume Review: Early March
- Panel interview/Skype interview: Mid-March
- Work Experience Program Offers: Before April 1
- Work Experience Program start date: May 1